24th February 2016 (10.37) How to save False Christians part 2.
The problem is, how shall we win souls, especially false Christians, wholly to Christ?
Certainly we must win them away from themselves.
1. They are free moral agents, of course–rational, accountable.
2. They are in rebellion against God, wholly alienated, intensely prejudiced, and committed against him.
3. They are committed to self-gratification as the end of their being.
4. This committed state is moral depravity, the fountain of sin within them, from which flow by a natural law all their sinful ways. This committed voluntary state is their “wicked heart.” This it is that needs a radical change.
5. God is infinitely benevolent, and unconverted sinners are supremely selfish; so that they are radically opposed to God. Their committal to the gratification of their appetites and propensities is known in Bible language as the “carnal mind”, or, as in the margin, “the minding of the flesh,” which is enmity against God.
6. This enmity is voluntary, and must be overcome, if at all, by the Word of God, made effectual by the teaching of the Holy Spirit.
Also in my podcast.