The Lordship of Jesus Christ and Christianity
But there is only one God: Father – Son – Holy Spirit
The Gospel of John
The Apostle John writes in his Gospel of the ‘ta pneumatika’ the spiritual things of the gospel, the life and soul of it.
The scope and design of chapter 1 is to confirm our faith in Christ as the eternal Son of God, and the true Messiah and Saviour of the world, that we may be brought to receive him, and rely upon him, as our Prophet, Priest, and King, and to give up ourselves to be ruled, and taught, and saved by him.
Take a look at Christianity and what do you see?
Take a look at your Church and what do you see?
Take a look at your Christianity and what do you see?
Charles Finney wrote on November 2nd 1871.
(His writings are in italics)
“Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” 1 Timothy 4:16
We have a Christianity where some Leaders do unholy things and then cover them up, even to the extent of attacking the victims and those who are defending them. Leaders who teach that disobedience to the commands and teachings of the Lord Jesus is fine, as He takes their punishment. Evil professing Christians who are unsaved and trying to keep others from being saved.
The problem is, how shall we win souls wholly to Christ? Certainly we must win them away from themselves.
If you truly observe Christianity, you see there are those who have not been won away from themselves. “It’s my Christianity!”
1. They are free moral agents, of course – rational, accountable.
2. They are in rebellion against God, wholly alienated, intensely prejudiced, and committed against him.
3. They are committed to self-gratification as the end of their being.
4. This committed state is moral depravity, the fountain of sin within them, from which flow by a natural law all their sinful ways. This committed voluntary state is their “wicked heart.” This it is that needs a radical change.
5. God is infinitely benevolent, and unconverted sinners are supremely selfish; so that they are radically opposed to God. Their committal to the gratification of their appetites and propensities is known in Bible language as the “carnal mind”, or, as in the margin, “the minding of the flesh,” which is enmity against God.
6. This enmity is voluntary, and must be overcome, if at all, by the Word of God, made effectual by the teaching of the Holy Spirit.
7. The Gospel is adapted to this end, and when wisely presented we may confidently expect the effectual co-operation of the Holy Spirit. This is implied in our commission, “Go and disciple all nations, and lo! I am with you always, even to the end of the world.”
8. If we are unwise, illogical, unphilosophical, and out of all natural order, in presenting the Gospel, we have no warrant for expecting Divine co-operation.
9. In winning souls, as in everything else, God works through and in accordance with natural laws. Hence, if we would win souls, we must wisely adapt means to this end. We must present those truths and in that order adapted to the natural laws of mind, of thought and mental action. A false mental philosophy will greatly mislead us, and we shall often be found ignorantly working against the agency of the Holy Spirit.
10. Sinners must be convicted of their enmity. They do not know God, and consequently are often ignorant of the opposition of their hearts to Him. “By the law is the knowledge of sin,” because by the law the sinner gets his first true idea of God. By the law he first learns that God is perfectly benevolent, and infinitely opposed to all selfishness. This law, then, should be arrayed in all its majesty against the selfishness and enmity of the sinner.
11. This law carries irresistible conviction of its righteousness, and no moral agent can doubt it.
Much of today’s Christianity, as in the past 2,000 years, is led by Human Beings who are not spiritually converted through a true Gospel of Jesus. The Lord Jesus, who never lies, clearly explains it to the Sinner, the unconverted Christian.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.’
So what is the problem, what don’t these Christian Lost Souls understand?
It’s their selfishness! They do not want to obey the LORD Jesus whom they claim, though many don’t actually do that, is their Saviour.
They are Christians who hate God the Father, the Son – Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and all Members of the True Church, the Body of Christ.
God provides ministers for this True Church.
Jeremiah 3:15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.
Ephesians 4:11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
These True Minister who live in Christ and are yoked to Him and are empowered by the Holy Spirit of God are rejected and unloved by the unconverted Christians.
Read my Testimony
True Christians ascribe glory to God.
Ephesians 3:21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Doctrine of the Church
My video Jesus not wanted
In my Podcast (.mp3 Audio)
In my Thoughts (.mp3 Audio in case you don’t like Podcasts)