mikehill4jesus “My Faith and my Testimony!”
9th & 10th July 2016 (13.41) My .mp3 Thought for Today Audio
My faith is in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ!
For me, it is very important that people see the connection between God and Me. In the early part of my life, things were happening that I did not fully understand. With the benefit of hindsight I fully believe that God did not want me to be deeply involved in a committed Christian Family or Church. Sure I was sent to Sunday School for a short while until they banned me at the age of 5. Then I was Christened in a small Church near where my Mum grew up though we did not attend it. My next Christian experience was while attending Sheephatch Boarding School. We had a morning assembly, as we did at all my Schools.
During these early years, 1944 to 1959, God entered my existence to let me know things:
- The Lord Jesus appeared to me in a Salvation Army Hall.
- The Holy Spirit led me to read a BIG Family Bible that was in my Dad’s garden shed.
- The Holy Spirit urged me to apply for Sheephatch Boarding School.
- The Holy Spirit used Sheephatch to teach me things about God, other boys and girls who attended with me, and also about myself.
During 1959 to 1976, God showed me things and did things:
- How wicked and wilful I was.
- How wicked and wilful other people were.
- How I needed to stop telling lies.
- Used a Christian Couple to remind me about the Lord Jesus.
- Taught me how important it was to tell the truth when in Court.
- The Holy Spirit urged me over several days to buy a Holy Bible.
- The Holy Spirit taught me who the Lord Jesus was, what happened to him and how unjust it was.
- I was shown how selfishness drove me and others.
- I was shown more and more of how socially isolating loving him was.
During 1976 to Now, God came fully into my life with Spiritual Power:
- Too many things happened for me to list here. However, my Spiritual Ministry started and is still continuing. In order to see what happened please read my Testimony.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!
God was using me from the moment that I believed in the Lord Jesus. God, either by Himself, His Son Jesus, or by the Holy Spirit. No Christianity, just the Holy Bible and the Holy Spirit. In fact, Christianity has always been more a hindrance than a help. True, a few Spiritually Converted Christians, as described by the Lord in John 14:23, helped me at important times. But in truth, most Christians who entered into my life, were as described by the Lord Jesus in John 14:24.
I strongly encourage you to study the following Lecture by Charles Finney. Not just for your benefit, but for the benefit of those in your life, Christian or Not.
The Oberlin Evangelist.
January 16, 1839.
Professor Finney’s Lectures.
28 Then they asked him, ‘What must we do to do the works God requires?’
29 Jesus answered, ‘The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.’
The following is the train of thought I shall pursue:
I. NOTICE SEVERAL ERRONEOUS ANSWERS, COMMONLY GIVEN TO THE QUESTION PROPOSED IN THE TEXT, VIZ: WHAT SHALL WE DO THAT WE MAY WORK THE WORKS OF GOD?
II. SHOW THAT CHRIST GAVE THE ONLY PROPER ANSWER, UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THE QUESTION WAS ASKED.
III. SHOW THAT, UNDER OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, ANOTHER ANSWER MIGHT, WITH PROPRIETY, BE GIVEN.