mikehill4jesus “Christian are you helping the Devil do his work?”
17th August 2016 (13.31) My .mp3 Thought for Today Audio
Jesus predicts his death
Matthew 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. ‘Never, Lord!’ he said. ‘This shall never happen to you!’
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling-block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.’
Professing Christians who do not love and obey the Lord Jesus Christ need to know and understand what this means.
John the Apostle wrote his Gospel to bring people to FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ, who had died for them that they may be set free from the Devil and thus avoid going to Hell.
Later, he wrote Letters to those he knew were members of the Body-of-Christ, through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. 1 John, was to reassure them about their faith – to renew confidence shaken by false teaching. This is a couple of verses from that letter.
1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work
There are some important points from these two verses:
1. The followers, in the body-of-Christ, must not let anyone lead them astray from the teachings of the Lord Jesus. As then and up till now, False Teachers have been used by the devil to pollute the teachings of the Lord Jesus. This has caused there to be Professing Christians who are not in the Body-of-Christ.
2. The followers, in the body-of-Christ, who do what is right are righteous, just as their Lord and Saviour is righteous. From the beginning, as can be seen in the Holy Bible and Church History, there are those in the Church who do not sin and those who do sin. Those who do not sin, are in the Body-of-Christ. Yes they may be seen to sin, but that is because they truly love their Lord and Saviour, but they still have sinful ways. These followers are new to their life in Christ and His Body, but have the Holy Spirit to teach them further truth about themselves and God. But it takes time!
3. Anyone who does what is sinful is of the devil, because he has been sinning from the beginning. The followers who are not spiritually born again into the Body-of-Christ, simply carry on doing what they have always done – sinning under control of the devil.
4. The reason the Son of God, the Lord Jesus, appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. That is what the followers of Jesus who are in the Body-of-Christ are carrying on doing – Spiritual Warfare against the devil’s schemes.
5. Those Professing Christians who are not in the Body-of-Christ simply because they have rejected the Gospel of Jesus and carried on doing the work of the devil carry on doing evil – Jesus said to them when they were judged on whether they are going to hell or to heaven. Those who were true and false disciples.
Matthew 7:21 ‘Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?” 23 Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”
One of the devil’s schemes is to hide his true identity and he uses Professing Christians who are not Spiritually Converted to do this.
These un-converted Professing Christians cannot testify to the truth about the Lord Jesus, because they do not have Him or his Father making their home with them.
IF YOU DON’T LEARN ABOUT THE DEVIL, YOU WONT BOTHER LEARNING ABOUT JESUS
The Gospel of Jesus that many Christian Leaders need to use.
The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit without which we are just playing at Christianity.
My Tribute to the Rev Ken and Jean Newton, once of Wholeness Ministries International in Southport, Nr Brisbane, Australia.
John Mellor Healing Ministry in Jesus Name Why not invite him to your Church?