mikehill4jesus “God uses those who are certain about Jesus”
11th November 2017 (54.23) My .mp3 audio Podcast linked to this Blog
Jesus stated plainly, John 6:38 ‘For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.’
His Father lovingly responds to those who truly love and obeys Him. John 14:23 Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.’
Mike, I envy your certainty!
Words spoken to me many years ago by a Christian Mission Leader. A certainty about my Lord and Saviour that has stood me in good stead these past 69 years.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.’
So often we see Professing Christians with little Biblical Education and no Spiritual Experience – A baptism of the Holy Spirit – being placed into a leadership position. With the result that the Organisation they work for makes little progress. Instead, they promote Christless Christianity as described in John 14:24.
This is an excerpt from the teachings of Charles Finney (with comments by me)
30. To be successful in winning souls, we need to be observing–to study individual character, to press the facts of experience, observation, and revelation upon the consciences of all classes.
[I have been doing this for 40 years.]
31. Be sure to explain the terms you use. Before I was converted, I failed to hear the terms repentance, faith, regeneration, and conversion intelligibly explained. Repentance was described as a feeling. Faith was represented as an intellectual act or state, and not as a voluntary act of trust. Regeneration was represented as some physical change in the nature, produced by the direct power of the Holy Ghost, instead of a voluntary change of the ultimate preference of the soul, produced by the spiritual illumination of the Holy Ghost. Even conversion was represented as being the work of the Holy Ghost in such a sense as to cover up the fact that it is the sinner’s own act, under the persuasions of the Holy Ghost.
[This is why the Holy Spirit led me to produce my website, that people could see through my Testimony how this worked. I purposely avoided simply quoting the Bible alone, I aimed to show the truth in action, with warts and all.]
32. Urge the fact that repentance involves the voluntary and actual renunciation of all sin; that it is a radical change of mind toward God.
[I show, through my proven Testimony, the 3 stages of my conversion 1948-2017: My 29 year journey to the Cross. My time at the Cross. My 40 year journey after the Cross, up to the present day.]
33. Also the fact that saving faith is heart trust in Christ; that it works by love, it purifies the heart, and overcomes the world; that no faith is saving that has not these attributes.
[If the teacher cannot produce the Cake, how can you know they are able to teach how to make it? I observe so many Professing Christians who are unable to produce good Spiritual fruit. The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is a biblical term that sums up nine attributes of a person or community living in accord with the Holy Spirit according to the Epistle to the Galatians: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.”]
34. The sinner is required to put forth certain mental acts. What these are he needs to understand. Error in mental philosophy but embarrasses, and may fatally deceive the inquiring soul. Sinners are often put upon a wrong track. They are put upon a strain to feel instead of putting forth the required acts of will. Before my conversion I never received from man any intelligible idea of the mental acts that God required of me.
[In my experience, I would witness Churches where the members were repeatedly led to act in certain ways that did not come from them through the Holy Spirit. In fact, many sat in the same seat on every visit. The leaders were always putting words into their mouths, “Isn’t it good to be worshipping God?” and some members calling out “Amen!” Churchianity in Action?
35. The deceitfulness of sin renders the inquiring soul exceedingly exposed to delusion; therefore it behoves teachers to beat about every bush, and to search out every nook and corner where a soul can find a false refuge. Be so thorough and discriminating as to render it as nearly impossible as the nature of the case will admit that the inquirer should entertain a false hope.
[I know Church Leaders who on discovering my Ministry in the Spirit shun me without shame, though they always look guilty. It’s as if their Church is their personal “Hidey-hole”.]
36. Do not fear to be thorough. Do not through false pity put on a plaster where the probe is needed. Do not fear that you shall discourage the convicted sinner, and turn him back, by searching him out to the bottom. If the Holy Spirit is dealing with him, the more you search and probe the more impossible it will be for the soul to turn back or rest in sin.
[It’s a sad fact that not even the perfect Lord Jesus could win lost souls for God. Not when in person on this earth or through his life in the true Disciple John 14:23. Many evildoers in the Church are Impenitent Sinners and have resisted the Holy Spirit for so long, the Spirit no longer works on them. It’s a sad thing to see long-time Professing Christians living a life that is in darkness.]
Those described in John 14:23 have a faith that is centred on the Lord Jesus Christ. First he was revealed to them through bible study illuminated by the Holy Spirit of God. This new-found faith then results in them learning about and then responding positively to the Gospel of Jesus. Then in turn, the Father God responds to their resulting love for his Son that involves loving obedience to his teaching. He and the Lord Jesus come and make their home with that person through the Holy Spirit.
Those described in John 14:24 do not have this faith, therefore, do not have a love for Jesus, do not receive the Fathers love, do not have them living with them, do not have the Holy Spirit. In fact, they hate the Lord Jesus! Their love is only for themselves – a selfish love caused by their “blind faith”.
True faith in the living Lord Jesus Christ is “NOT” blind faith.
There are professing Christians who confess that they can’t prove that God exists, they just have faith that he does. Many professing Christians do not have a real-life testimony of living with God to share. The just have a religious belief based on Church Teachings using there interpretation of certain selected parts of the Holy Bible. This is a problem for those Church Leaders within “Churchianity” – Christless Christians.
True Christian faith has to consist of a confidence in a fact or person based on previous experiences or knowledge of reliableness and consistency; a phenomenon of the will in obeying spiritual enlightenment, given upon repentance of sins and trusting Christ. It does not consist in embracing what is not understood. “Saving” faith is the life of God in the soul of man/woman resulting from a subjective experience founded upon objective truth. Scripture “Bible” does not teach “blind” faith.
You will have to excuse this video as it was produced back when I lacked the knowledge and hardware to do better. However, I have left it in, not only because of the content, but so that you can see me at that time. A true disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ learning how to witness for Him via videos. I have come a long way since then.
Published on Aug 27, 2009
My calling is to mobilise the Churches for Spiritual Warfare – the battle between the desires of the human Flesh and the desires of the Holy Spirit of God. So far, after 40 years, the Church Doors are firmly closed against me here in Birmingham, England, and elsewhere. My hope is that some may be opened soon.
TO DISOBEY THE LORD JESUS (John 14:24) IS TO ACT AGAINST THE WILL OF HIS FATHER!
To give you an example from my own life, I have added these WebPages. They are not aimed at obtaining your approval, for I already have the approval of God. But as a testimony to the truth.
I will explain more in my next Blog (God willing)
IMPORTANT TO THIS BLOG Mike Hill’s Testimony – His Life With God 1948 to 2017
IMPORTANT TO THIS BLOG The Prophecy and Instruction from my Lord Jesus 1987
NOW IS THE TIME TO GET RIGHT WITH THE LOVING AND POWERFUL LORD JESUS WHILE YOU CAN – YOUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT!